The User Meeting aims to create an interesting and valuable meeting for all concerned in consultation with MAX IV scientists, FASM (our users organization), SSUO/ESUO (the Swedish and European user organizations) as well the Swedish Universities through the MAX IV Universities Reference Group (URG) and the ESS. MAX IV now has both the 3 GeV and 1.5 GeV storage rings in operation and calls for normal proposals for structural biology, spectroscopy and nanoscience on BioMAX, HIPPIE and NanoMAX beamlines, respectively. A new Commissioning Experts call is now opened.
All together this has lead to this year contents of the 30th MAX IV User Meeting – Coherent Visions (UM18).
- MAX IV User community, user science and its future horizons at MAX IV.
- Plenary talks.
- VR review of the needs for access to X-ray based facilities by the Swedish Research community.
- Directors´science and facility status.
- Seven parallel sessions on Tuesday 25th.
- Time for discussions within and across each field.
- News from FASM, SSUO/ESUO and ESS.